Access Specialist, Customer ServiceBlue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare
The Access Specialist provides excellent customer service as the first line of communication between BRBH clients and agency service providers. They also greet and register new clients, update financial and personal client information, facilitate client flow from front door to service provision, generate insurance reporting and verify client eligibility, and collect and post client payments.
The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM and will support pre-intake and check-in areas.
High school diploma and one year of experience in responding effectively, courteously, and efficiently to internal and external customers in a healthcare setting.
Successful candidates will be good listeners and have an understanding, compassion, respect, and/or willingness to learn about individuals and families served by Community Service Boards (CSBs), including children, adults and families experiencing mental illness, substance use disorders, and developmental disabilities.
Why work at BRBH?
- Working with clients: In this job each day you help adults and families in our community gain access to behavioral healthcare.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- Day Shift schedule, Monday - Friday.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.